Lucy has been a riot lately! She knows she's funny, which makes everything that much more silly. Gus is started to get into things, of course! When we tell him "no" he laughs, it's pretty funny, but we have to keep a straight face. Yesterday Gus was pulling on the monitor cord and I had to tell Gus no. I told Lucy that Gus doesn't know about obeying yet, he's just learning. She responded with "Sucy obeys, Gus' tuhn. Sucy aww done." She thinks she doesn't have any more to learn about obeying and it's Gus' turn to learn! We had to run to Ace yesterday to get light bulbs and Dave said "Let's go to Ace it's closer" and Lucy piped up from the backseat "Ace Pace!" meaning "Ace is the Place!" So wild that she knows their slogan.
Dave always tells Lucy to never, ever play at the top of the stairs. We don't have gates, so it's really important that she remembers that rule. I was singing Gus to sleep yesterday afternoon and Lucy came running in the room, put her arm out and said "Nebeh Ebeh sing Mommy. No Mommy. Nebeh Ebeh!" I didn't know what to say. I know my voice is bad, but not bad enough for a two year old to tell me not to sing! I laughed and kept on singing, so she left the room. The funny thing is that Lucy and I sing together all the time!
Gus is still moving along. He is the happiest little baby! We didn't know they came that way. He's eating baby food at every meal now. He hates applesauce. He gags with green beans and sweet potatoes, but we can get them down him. He loves carrots. Who knew? I thought for sure he would spit the carrots out at me, but he ate them right up!