Monday, September 17, 2007

A Quiet Weekend

It's been pretty uneventful around here lately. We're settling into our routine, which is nice. Dave took Thursday off work, which was such a treat! We went out to breakfast and took Lucy to school together. So much fun!

The dancing time at school is really paying off. Lucy is much more outgoing with her dancing and singing at home. She LOVES Old McDonald, the Alphabet, and Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star. She belts them out, is so off key, and only knows some of the words, but it might be the sweetest thing I've ever heard.

On Saturday we were on the way to Blockbuster and I asked Lucy how old she was, she yelled "two!" I asked how old Gus is and she replied "seben mons" (seven months). We were shocked, she usually says zero, but I guess she heard our response to people asking how old Gus is. We watched Lady and the Tramp on Saturday night. It's so much fun watching the Disney classics again.

We were looking at our cousin Anna's blog the other night and Lucy couldn't say Anna, she kept saying "Hannah." I showed her the letter "A" and that there was no "H" and then she got it and now says Anna. Learning all the letters and their sounds has really helped explain things. I love it!

Some other phrases Lucy is using lately, "Maybe someday, Oh Well, umm no." When she's not completely sure about something (like an outfit or food) she'll respond with "Maybe Someday, Mommy." Then I know to keep asking her what she wants, she's holding out for something better.

Gus is becoming a very determined little boy. He knows what he wants and goes after it until he gets it. The cords in our bedroom are a constant battle. The cords are underneath and behind the nightstand. We put pillows over them to block them and he crawls over the pillow, moves it, and does whatever he can to get to them! Yikes! He loves to eat Lucy's puzzle pieces, too. He crawls over to the shelf, pulls them down and takes them out of the puzzle to eat them. He was so laid back when he was first born. I had no idea he would be this busy and active at seven months.

My parents close on their condo today. It will be so nice to have them living closer to us! Our Bible Study starts tomorrow night. Other than that, it should be another slow week. Yeah!