It's been a really good week for us . Lucy had school on Tuesday. Dave came to pick Lucy up from school. She loves it when he surprises her. We went to lunch at Cisco, met Dave's team and saw his office since he's decorated. Lucy and Gus were a hit!
On Tuesday night we went to our Bible Study. So good. There were eight kids and Lucy was the only girl. The boys played a little rough, but she was able to hold her own. Gus crawled around and tried to keep up with everyone. He does his own thing and is really happy that he's mobile.
On Wednesday morning I wanted to run to the grocery store. I just needed a few things, so I didn't want to pay the personal shopper $4.95 when I could run in and out pretty quick. I had both kids and no stroller. Scary, I know. I put Gus in the shopping cart for the first time. He did really well. I let Lucy push her own little "buggy" (that's what they call the shopping carts here in the south). She went completely solo, she didn't even wear Buster (her Lucy leash). She was a riot! She pushed 90% of the stuff in her cart. She obeyed perfectly! While we were checking out she said "M N M's Mommy? Pees Mommy?" She found the M & M's on the shelf and held them in her hand until I responded. I've gotten Lucy one package of M & M's once before, and that was when she asked for them. Grandma McKay gives Lucy M & M's, I think that's why she likes them. Anyway, I let her have the candy and she put it in her cart and then gave the lady her cart to check out. So sweet. I kept telling her how proud of her I was and she wanted me to call Dave so he would know how much she obeyed. He was in meetings all day, so she wanted to call Grandma Adams ("caw Mama, tew Mama Sucy obey"). Later in the day she asked if I could call Dave to tell him about how she obeyed. I tried calling and just got voicemail. I told Lucy that he didn't answer. Her response was "caw hawdew Mommy" (call harder Mommy).
Gus is pulling himself up on everything! Yikes! He's starting to walk along stuff now, too. The other day he managed to crawl under the end table, move Stanley the Sheepdog, and unplug the phone while I was talking on it. He's a pro at climbing up the stair from the family room to the kitchen. He's tried climbing down it a few times, that doesn't always work out too well for him.
After pre-school today we had lunch with Karen, Jackson, PJ, and baby Cam at the DQ. Lucy, Jackson, and PJ all held hands as we walked in together and around the restaurant. They were all so good and had a ton of fun!
Dave will be home tonight and tomorrow night, which will be fun. We're planning on going to Gastonia for the weekend to see Dave's parents and grandma, it should be fun!