Friday, September 21, 2007

So long "Ahh dooo"

For the last six months Lucy has said "Ahh dooo" (I do) with this sweet little southern accent instead of saying yes. The past few days she's been responding to questions with "wes" (her version of yes). So sad.

She loves going to school. They learned about the letter B this week. Last week Dave was talking with her about playing with other kids besides Kendall. I thought there was a Josh in the class (he's in Monday/Wednesday, not Tuesday/Thursday), so he said she should play with Josh. Last Thursday after school she said she played with Josh. I looked on the name list of the other kids in her class and there's no Josh. We told her there was no Josh, but she still insisted that she played with him. She didn't wanted to disappoint her Daddy. On Tuesday she said she played with Josh again. Finally, yesterday she didn't respond with Josh. I think she's trying to play with other kids, she just doesn't remember their names.

We had our first Bible Study on Tuesday night. It's such a great group! Dave had dinner and training with his VP, so he couldn't come. There are six couples and nine kids, all of the kids are under the age of five! Five of them are two and under! We have two babysitters, and they seemed to do well with all the kids. One of the boys, Brayden, is almost five and his little brother, Ian, is only a month older than Lucy. Brayden and Lucy always seem to gravitate to each other. It's so sweet to watch the two of them. Brayden's mom, Jenna, and I would try to watch them in the midst of all the chaos. (nine kids running around with 10 adults) He was dancing for Lucy (he calls her Woocy) and she would sit and watch him and smile. They played hide and seek and would just guffaw. At one point Brayden and Lucy were walking around and he had her arm around her. Jenna told Brayden he needed to be careful with Lucy and he said "Mommy I'm taking care of Woocy." They look like those Kim Anderson pictures of the little kids in black and white pictures giving each other roses and pretending to be in love.

Gus is pulling himself up on everything! The other day I propped him up against something and five minutes later her started to wail. He couldn't figure out how to get down and was stuck. Poor kid. He won't stay still when we change him now, he has a very bad case of the wiggles. If we make crazy sound effects of things crashing or zooming, he'll stay still. He's all boy!

My parents are all moved in and making great progress in unpacking. It's so nice to have them live closer. Now they are on the way to and from places, so I'm sure we'll go over a lot more.

Dave had a busy week, so we haven't seen him much. He had class on Monday, dinner with the VP on Tuesday, and class on Wednesday. We were able to have lunch with him yesterday at the Dairy Queen, which was a lot of fun. He flew up to Baltimore today for work. He should be home around 8 tonight. It looks like he's going to have to travel a lot more with his new job. The good thing is that the travel is usually only one or two days, which isn't that bad. Our life is pretty structured right now, so we know what to expect, which definitely helps.

Harris Teeter ( grocery store) doubles 20 coupons up to 99 cents. Without the coupons and their specials they're definitely the most expensive store in the area, but if I combine the specials with my coupons, I save a fortune, literally (sometimes 60%). Anyway, they offer online shopping for $4.95. I pick out all the groceries online and then drive up to the store and they put the groceries in the car for me! I don't even have to get out of the car! They even take coupons when I shop online. It's been such a lifesaver lately! Especially with Dave's schedule, I can do my grocery shopping while the kids are napping. This weekend is triple coupon weekend, which only happens once a quarter. I might actually venture into the store to use some more of the 75 cent coupons! It's funny what excites me these days.

Other than triple coupon weekend, we don't have big plans. There's been a big drought here lately, so we don't have to do much yard work. We like that (not the drought, the lack of yard work).