Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Snails and camels

Lucy and I go on wikipedia a lot to look at animals. I type in the name, the picture comes up, and she yells out the animal. I thought I'd be tricky and have a camel pop up. She looked at me and said, "Cammo (camel), Mommy! What do they say?" Yikes. I just told her they chew like giraffes. Then I put in snail and caterpillar and she knew both of those, too. She can tell the difference between a donkey and a horse. She knows about bald eagles, ostriches, whales, sharks, and dolphins. I'm running out of animals. Yesterday we learned about alpacas and prairie dogs. I don't know what they say, either, and she was very disappointed.

We've been playing a lot at home lately. Can't go out much with sick kids and I'm terrified of getting Gus sick again. I put Gus in the chair in his room the other day and he started rocking the chair by moving his head back and forth. He has a big head, so he got to rock pretty hard! Lucy wanted to join in, they had so much fun rocking in the chair! It's the little moments that make life so sweet!

Gus is walking everywhere. He still can't get up by himself (he has to pull himself up on something). He's able to turn and walk around corners. He totally looks like a little bobblehead doll when he walks. His head is so huge compared to his little body and he's lost another pound at least from being sick (when you only weigh 19 pounds to begin with, that's a big percentage!). He uses his head to keep balance and it seems to be working!

Lucy's staying the night with Mama Sandy and Papa Jim tonight. They're going to make cake. She's very excited to have her grandparents to herself. This will be a first, Lucy staying just for fun, not because Dave and I have something planned. It'll be nice to have time with just Gus. It will be very quiet here tonight!

No comments: