A couple of weeks ago I was in the car with the kids and we were talking about birthdays. I told Lucy that Daddy's birthday was coming up and she was thrilled. Here's how the conversation went down:
She said "Get Daddy pwesents?"
I respond with, "Of course, what would you like to get him?"
"Hmm...Wet me sink" (let me think), as she's tapping her finger on her lips.
"What does Daddy like?"
"Daddy wikes to cuwuh (likes to color)! Gweat idea! Get Daddy cuwuhing book and cwayons!"
"What kind of coloring book, Lucy?"
"Tigger! Daddy wuvs (loves) Tigger! And cwayons, too! So excited! Get Daddy pwesents!"
I loved that she knew just what she wanted to get Dave. We talked about keeping it a secret, which, to Lucy, meant whispering it, not necessarily not talking about it. So we went out last Sunday and got a Tigger coloring book, crayons, and wrapping paper. On Wednesday night we went out to get cards. Lucy said "My cawd say I wuv you Daddy... I wuv you Daddy...Happy Birthday!" We looked and we found a card that said "I love you Daddy" twice, just like she wanted. She was so proud. We came home, wrapped the presents and signed the cards. Lucy wanted to hide the presents and jump out and say "Suhpwise" (surprise) in the morning, she had a plan on how it would all happen. The Mickey Mouse Clubhouse episode where they planned a surprise birthday party for Minnie definitely helped fuel her thoughts on what a birthday should be like. Grandma McKay sent Dave a big box for his birthday and the way upstairs to bed Lucy saw the box and said "Oh no. Daddy see box. Not Daddy's buffday (birthday) yet! Hide box some (from) Mama Kay." So we hid the box in her room. When Dave got up and went to get Lucy on Thursday morning. She yelled "Suhpwise! Happy Buffday! Open pwesents Daddy!" After we opened presents she sang Happy Birthday and said "to my Daddy!" I was nearly in tears it was so sweet!
We made the carrot cake in the afternoon. Dave came home a bit early from work and we ate the cake. After Lucy ate her cake she said, "I wuv you buffday Daddy!"
My parents watched the kids and we went to see National Treasure. It was so nice to get out without the kids!
Gus got up at 11 and threw up everywhere about six times! Yikes!
We laid low most of the weekend. We had an open house on Sunday and eight people came. Still no offers. The kids are mostly better. Gus threw up just a little yesterday, nothing major.
Lucy's pre-school registration was last week. She got in for three days a week next school year. Very exciting!
No comments:
Post a Comment