We left for the beach on Friday afternoon. We had a great little trip down here. On Saturday morning we went to the House of Blues for their breakfast buffet (just as good as we remembered). Lucy had a huge plate of cantaloupe. Cantaloupe really does the trick for making her regular. After Lucy was done eating she wanted to get out of her chair and run around. We let her go up on the stage, there weren't too many people there. She got up on stage and said "Going poopies Mommy!" Great. Then she preceded to do a cheer, sing the Alphabet ten times, and a wild version of Wheels on the Bus. Everyone was clapping for her, the waiters and waitresses were really into it. So sweet.
We went to Krispy Kreme for breakfast. So, so good. I'm really glad there isn't one close to me at home, I'd definitely be about ten pounds heavier. Dave and I were able to go out for a few hours while Mom and Jim watched the kids. So nice. He left around three to go home and show the house. Dave's at home for the rest of the week while we're at the beach.
Still no offers on the house. We had three showings this weekend and the last family seemed pretty interested. We'll see.
I was able to take Lucy down to the ocean tonight while Mom and Jim watched Gus. She literally skipped down past the pools and over the bridge to the beach. She loved the sand. She stood up on her tip toes and said "Oooh hot! Oooooh hot!" When June on Little Einsteins walks on sand she berets (a ballet move where you walk on your tip toes), because the sand is so hot. Lucy just assumed that all sand is hot and that's what you're supposed to do. I love seeing things through the eyes of a two-year old! She was fascinated with the birds. We stood in the water and waited for the waves to come get us. She was in awe of the waves, how the water would come up past her feet and then go back to be with the rest of the water. Lucy savors every moment. She stopped to smell the beach air, look at the shells, the water, the birds, the sand. I wish I could capture those moments in a little box and go back and visit them, they seem so fleeting!
No comments:
Post a Comment