Today Lucy went to a birthday party in downtown Raleigh. Dave took Lucy for some special father-daughter time. She was so excited that it was "just Sucy Daddy, Mommy Gus tay (stay) home." I got Gus already to go, we were going to run to Barnes and Noble. I thought to myself that it was too easy, something didn't seem right. I walked out the door and tried unlocking my van and the van was gone! I totally forgot that Dave took the van and I didn't have a car seat for Gus; it WAS too easy! So, we went down to the basement and played with Lucy's car. He loved it! Dave came home from the party and said, "Did you know Lucy can drive a bus?" and showed me a picture from the party where Lucy was in the bus driver's seat. I responded with "Did you know Gus can drive a car?" and showed him the pictures of Gus in Lucy's car.
We went to the mall and had an early dinner at the Cheesecake Factory. The kids were perfect! At the end of the meal the waitress said "They did soo well!" That was great to hear! We went to Pottery Barn Kids where Lucy and Dave played with the chalkboard and colored. Then we went to Barnes and Noble. We probably took Lucy up and down the escalators five times (five round trips!). She hated to leave, but there were fountains outside waiting for her! Lucy and Gus were fascinated with the fountains.
Gus is so sneaky! He crawls so quietly and doesn't "chatter" or make any sounds when he's after something he wants (especially when it's something he shouldn't have!). Lucy is the complete opposite, it's nigh impossible for her to not talk, even when she's alone. We have to really keep an eye on Gus. If it's quiet for more than 20 seconds, he's either trying to climb the stairs or eat our Crocs. He's so cute with his sneakiness!
All-in-all, it was a great Saturday.
Saturday, October 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment