Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy Halloween


Lucy brought home a piece of paper cut out in the shape of a feather from school last week. We're supposed to decorate the feather and send it back to school decorated however Lucy wanted to decorate it. I can only imagine the poor turkey decorated in her classroom with eight crazy mismatched feathers! Yesterday after school Lucy, Gus, and I went to Michael's to pick out things to put on Lucy's feather. She picked out pink feathers, oogly eyes, hot pink glitter glue and foam princess stickers. We had so much fun decorating the feather! It really is crazy!

After we went to Michael's we went to Home Goods next door. She loves going up and down the aisles and I let her roam without Buster (she thought she was in heaven!). I said, "Come on Lucy, let's go to the next aisle." She YELLLED back, "No Mommy! Sucy going poopies white (right) now!" My response was, "Oh, the cantaloupe is working!" She had been a little stopped up from all the medicine with her cold, so I gave her a lot of cantaloupe to loosen her up. She said, with a grunting face, "Cantawope wohking!" (Cantaloupe working). Two years ago I would've been mortified that Lucy yelled that in a store, and now I'm so happy that she's pooping regularly that it doesn't bother me at all. I didn't really look around to see people's responses. In hindsight, I should have. It would have been funny to see their reactions.

Today Dave called Lucy from work and asked her to go to lunch with him. She was so excited. He came home, picked her up, and took her back to work with him. She loved it! Gus slept for part of the time, so I was able to get some stuff done. I love that!

We can't wait for the trick-or-treating tonight! Lucy has been saying "Happy Hawoween!" Lucy is going to be Minnie Mouse and Gus is going to be a shark. We got the costumes in August. Crazy, I know, but that's how much we (I) love Halloween! Lucy picked out the Minnie Mouse costume and is absolutely the cutest Minnie Mouse, EVER. She does cheers in her costume and really there is nothing more adorable. The too-big-white gloves are the icing on the cake. Gus' shark costume has a fin on his back, so when he crawls it wobbles. Hilarious. We got his costume purely for entertainment purposes. He doesn't like the hood part so much, but he'll get over it. Hopefully, we'll get some good pictures!

No comments: