So Lucy's Harvest Party was wonderful. The parents got to school at 10:45 and the kids came out and we went on a Hayride. In Illinois we always called it a Hay Rack Ride and I much prefer the Illinois version, you can't really go anywhere on the hay alone. Anyway, it was actually quite a long ride. This area is really funny, because one little section will be super developed with half a million dollar homes, and then right next to it is a farm with cows and horses. Lucy's school is in a farm pocket. So we went across the road in a field around a pond and some barns. Then we came back to the school and we got off the hay rack and the kids had to go run and find their pumpkins. We got back on the hay rack to go across the parking lot. So fun! We went back to the classroom and Ms. Eileen had everything set up for the party. There were four little centers: a memory game, fall books, pumpkin coloring, and goodie bag decorating. It was so fun to watch Lucy! When Ms. Eileen started singing a song about "bottom on the floor" Lucy dropped to the floor and patted the floor so hard and said "Bottom on fwoor Mommy! Quick!" She's such a rule follower and terrified if others around her don't follow the rules-no idea where she gets that from. Lucy's been singing a lot more lately and I'd been wondering what all they sing. They do sing to the Wiggles at school and we sang a rousing round of Wheels on the Bus. I saw Tommy, the kid Lucy said she pushed. Holy cow! He's twice her size, the kid is three and has to weigh close to 40 lbs. Had I known what Tommy looked like, I don't think the story would've been as believable. Ms. Eileen and Ms. Sandra said Lucy is finally coming out of her shell and she talks now. I guess she would just nod when they would ask her questions; so different from how she is at home. I love her little pre-school! I'm so glad we decided to sign her up for it last January!
Dave was able to work from home this morning so Guzzler didn't have to go to the party. Gus loves saying "Daddy!" It's so sweet. He played with baby Cam last night and didn't cower in fear. At one point they were both climbing the step into the kitchen at the same time, so cute! We're making progress.We have our Bible Study tonight. Hopefully the kids will be exhausted after and sleep the whole night. Tomorrow we're going to the museum with Hannah and Cindy. It should be cooler so the animals should be out. Yeah!
No comments:
Post a Comment