Thursday, October 4, 2007

Lucy's vivid imagination...


On the way home from pre-school on Tuesday I was asking Lucy who she played with and what she did. She said she played with Kendall. I asked if she played with Tommy (she says she plays with him sometimes). She stuck her lower lip out and said "Sucy push Tommy. Tommy push Sucy back. Sucy mean. Sucy say "sowy Tommy." I asked some more questions and she said she had to sit in the thinking chair. I asked questions later in the day and she didn't deviate from her story once. I asked if Tommy pushed her first and she said "No Sucy push Tommy siwst" (first). So I emailed Ms. Eileen yesterday afternoon, and here's her response:

"Lucy is the sweetest girl. She is very well behaved and is a good listener. She shares and plays nicely with her friends.
Lucy was not in the thinking chair on Tuesday or has never needed to be. I do not recall there being a problem between her and Tommy. We had 6 children on Tuesday and it went very smoothly!"

Our little Lucy seems to have quite the imagination! I was able to talk to Ms. Sandra about it for a little bit today. She said Lucy sees other kids and that's probably where she got the idea. Who knows why she would come up with something like that! At least she's good at school!

Our Bible Study got canceled on Tuesday. We were going to have it at our house, but two families were sick, one was double booked, and another only had one spouse coming. It was so nice to have unexpected family time. We went to Maggie Moo's to get ice cream. Lucy got blue ice cream (cotton candy flavor) with M & M's. It was such a beautiful night that we were able to sit out on the patio and eat the ice cream!

I've been having soup a lot lately. Lucy always wants soup, too, because Minnie Mouse makes "minnie-strone" soup and she thinks she's having the same soup as Minnie. So silly. Gus has wanted in on the action lately, too. I put the broth in with his cereal and he went to town! Holy cow that boy can eat! Gus is constantly after our ice cream, too! I don't give him too much ice cream, so he's settling for Italian Ice, which is probably helping his teeth.

Dave is in Boston today. I love that he can fly up and back in the same day! He has a service project at work tomorrow, so he might be able to come home a little early.