Thursday, October 11, 2007

Fall is almost here!

The high temperature today is supposed to be 74. It's finally cooling off! Maybe the leaves will start turning soon? I'm dying for it to feel like fall!

We had a great weekend. Dave and I went to the Parade of Homes on Saturday. The houses were amazing! We went to dinner at Firebirds. We had never been there, and it was actually pretty good. On Sunday we went to church and moved Lucy up to the next class. She was so excited to be with the bigger kids. Tali, from her class at school, is also in her new class at church. When we left church she said "Sucy wis (with) owdeh (older) kids. New cwass (class). Sucy wike (like) it" Dave stayed home with kids and watched his Browns while I went to the Parade of Homes with mom.

Mr. Gus is getting into everything! He loves to eat our Crocs. It seems like we're always redirecting him from the Crocs! Lately he's been trying to take on Lucy. I love watching them figure out how to get along. On Wednesday morning Dave went into work a little later and stayed home to make pancakes and have breakfast with us. We were in the kitchen and the kids were in the family room. We hear Lucy say "Gus no. Nn..Nn..Nn..No Gus!" I went in to see what was happening and Lucy was sitting on her frog chair "Cwoaky" (Croaky, like in JoJo's circus) and Gus pulled himself up on her and was pulling her hair. He was laughing and having a great time. Lucy is so good with him and doesn't push him off. She just takes it and hopes that he'll understand "no." Maybe someday.

After school today Lucy wanted to eat some Italian Ice. I was feeding Gus so she got the Italian Ice out of the freezer. Then she got the place mat from the kitchen and moved it to the table in the family room. She went to the silverware drawer and got her kind of plastic spoon, but realized that it wouldn't work, because the Italian Ice hadn't been thawed. So she went back into the kitchen, threw the spoon in the sink and got a small "Mommy Daddy poon (spoon)." When she finally came back in the family room to eat her Italian Ice she took the first bite and smiled and said "Eat Itawian Ice by sef (self) Mommy." She was so proud of herself. She's growing up way too fast. I put Gus on the floor and he went over to Lucy, and she gave him a bite of the Italian Ice, all on her own. It was so sweet. The picture looks staged, but it's not! That's just how they are with each other! I still can't get over how much they love each other!

Dave's trip to Philadelphia got canceled so he'll be home tonight and tomorrow night! Gary Thomas is coming to speak at our church this weekend. We're going to his marriage conference on Saturday. We've never been to a marriage conference, so it should be fun!