Monday, January 30, 2012

Not a Manic Monday

We had a great little weekend here. Lucy's sleepover went great. She was so happy and proud of herself. I got my 16 miles in Saturday afternoon. It was brutal. At the same time, I felt such a sense of accomplishment. My pace was a bit slower, 10:16 per mile. It's not great, but not horrible either. Dave and I went out for sushi on Saturday night and then went to Barnes & Noble to play Scrabble. On Sunday we went to church, I sewed some pillow covers, the boys played video games, Lucy's store was open. It was a good little day.

As of last night, Lucy need $1.36 to get her purse. This morning Dave said to me, "Hey, I got you a little surprise from Lucy's store." I gasped out of excitement, because I knew he got me this sweet little flower book Lucy made just for me. It was 25 cents, and I have been out of change for two days. He didn't have 25 cents either, so he bought it on credit for 35 cents, and paid her this morning. We're to the point where we have to run out to our cars to get change. She's tapped us dry. I was really excited for this little book. I think she's going to keep her store going even after she gets the purse. I'm not too keen on that, but I can't shut down my enterprising little girl. I don't want to crush that spirit. Hopefully, it will run it's course sooner rather than later.

The past two Mondays the kids have been out of school. Getting back on a regular two-day weekend routine was a beautiful thing this morning. We all got out the door without much fuss, did our carpooling, and then Judson and I went to a play date in Apex. We got Gus at noon. Had lunch. I finished trimming out the recovered lampshades. Gus played video games and Judsy took a nap. I got laundry done and put away. We got Lucy. One of my friends stopped over for a hot second. I made dinner. Had a hair appointment. We played with the kids. Did bedtime routine. It really was just a wonderful, scheduled, uneventful day.

No comments: