Saturday, January 28, 2012

Saturday Morning

Well, I fell asleep the last two nights while Dave was walking the dawg. We're watching Saturday morning cartoons and I thought I could sneak in a quick little post.

On the school front, Lucy missed entertain last week,she put an e on the end. When she showed me her paper, she said, "Mommy, that was a silly mistake." Lucy's spelling words this week: oatmeal, window, goalie, burrowing, meatloaf, tomorrow, raincoat, pillow, sailboat, arrow. She got them all right! We got her report card yesterday. She got a 4 in reading and math. 4s mean the child has exceeded grade level expectations. At the beginning of each year, the teachers tell us 4s are rare, not common, do NOT expect them. 3* is above a 3, but below a 4, and those are much more common. Lucy got a 3* in writing. We are so crazy proud of her.

Lucy had her first sleepover last night! She isn't home yet, so I'm assuming she had a great time. She stayed with the neighbors behind us. It was the perfect first sleepover situation. If she got scared in the middle of the night she could just walk through the gate in the backyard and come home. We really missed her. It was weird not having her around.

We took the boys to Panera for Friday Family Fun Fest. And then we rode the escalators at the mall for a good 10 minutes. It's the little things in life that make it sweet.

Gus has basketball this morning. Lucy has ballet and jazz. Judson comes with me and Lucy. I have my 16 mile run this afternoon. It should be a good and busy day! Happy weekend.


No comments: