Anyway, I had my Tuesday morning mom's meeting, got the boys from school, came home for lunch, and played with Norm! Then we put the dog back in his crate and went to get to the girl at school for our semi-annual dentist appointments. This was the third time I've taken all three kids with me to the dentist office. Lucy, Gus, and I have appointments while Judson just hangs out. Every time on the way there I have to talk myself down. In my mind I'm thinking, "What in the world are you doing? Are you crazy? Three kids at the dentist's office!" We roll up in the parking lot and Lucy says, "I LOVE the dentist! I am so excited! And the waiting room is even great. They have kids things to do" Gus chimes in with, "Me, too!" We walk in and Lucy takes a deep breath and says, "I love the smell of the dentist's office!" The kids were perfect, absolutely perfect. No cavities for any of us. Judson just sat and watched, he's a bit apprehensive about the whole concept. He rode on the chair, but would not even come close to opening his mouth. He didn't even talk much. Lucy's front tooth has been loose for a good while, a few months at least. It's to the point where it was bleeding when she would eat and she was turning down hard foods because it bothered her tooth. I asked the dentist if he would be so kind as to pull that tooth. He looked at me and said, "That's up to her." So I told her I would give her 50 cents if she let the dentist pull her tooth and she quickly agreed. He numbed it and took his dentist looking pliers and pulled that tooth out. We were all watching and holding our breath. Right as he pulled it out, she said, "OW, that hurts." That was it, she was completely fine after that. She seems way too grown up these days. She's getting taller and thinner and her front tooth is missing. Sigh. She's not even close to being my baby girl anymore.
After the dentist, I called the jeweler in hopes to get my wedding ring and engagement ring back. I took them in two weeks ago to get resized. Because somehow, I have only lost two pounds total, since October, running an average of 25-30 miles a week. My eating habits haven't changed. Two pounds, that's it. But here's where it gets crazy, my ring finger has gone down a size and a half. Seriously. I would much rather have fat fingers than a plump behind. Oh well. The jeweler said he needed an hour.
Trader Joe's was just around the corner, and we needed food. I took all three kids with me and all three kids had their own little shopping carts. I totally felt like a mother goose with my little goslings following behind. I didn't even bother with getting my own cart, I had three little helpers. They were perfect! My definition of perfect is they only hit one person (and it was almost her fault), and nobody tipped their cart over. I claimed victory.
We stopped by Papa Murphy's to get pizzas (we had a bogo free coupon) and then headed back to the jeweler. My rings are amazing, I missed them. They are super shiny and sparkly and don't fall off!
We came home and I unloaded the dishwasher and my mom came over for Tuesday night dinner. We all visited Lucy's store.
For some reason the tooth fairy did not come over night, but came this morning while Lucy was making a card with Gus. The extra money from the tooth fairy put her over the top to get her purse! The store is staying open, even though she reached her goal.
Gus' pre-school teacher is leaving tomorrow. She and her husband are opening their own business. We were devastated when we found out. She has loved our kids and been involved in their lives for the past four years. She walked Lucy into school when she was in the two year old class and would talk about she couldn't wait to have Gus in her class (he was six months old then). She taught Lucy how to deal with bullies when Lucy was in her class. It proved invaluable when Lucy had to deal with the same bully in kindergarten. And last year when Gus had a hard time at school without Lucy, they would send him to her class. It worked like a charm and he would perk right up. There was a going away party for her during snack time today. The kids made cards and the parents came in to thank her. My heart was sad. We're going to miss her terribly. The new teacher is fantastic, she's a teacher in one of the other classes now. She lives in our neighborhood and we see her a lot. The kids love her, I love her, it's just somehow not the same, though.
I was at Gus' school three times today and it was every two hours and then two and half hours later we got the girl. We worked on her 100 day of school project, did baths, and dinner, and had small group at our neighbor's house. I love that we just walk through the back gate and knock on their back door. The short commute is nice.
Tomorrow we're back at it again!
No comments:
Post a Comment