Monday, January 23, 2012

Let Them Eat Cake!

I got up and did my six mile run. It was the first time I ran and Dave had no idea that I had been gone. He said, "I was wondering when that would happen. I knew it would have to happen sometime." It only took four months, but it finally happened.

Lucy's shop, officially called, "Lucy's Place," is still open for business. Last night when she was in bed reading, she said, "Mommy, can you please switch my sign so people know I'm closed." She's for real. She ran up to her room after breakfast to set up shop again. She even has special shop lighting. Seriously. The overhead light cannot be on, just the one lamp on the end table that houses the cash/wrap. The boys and I each paid her 25 cents to read us Go Dog Go. She still has a way to go with this whole shop business to get her money and she is one determined little girl.

We've become besties with the neighbors behind us. They have an older daughter who babysits for us, their second daughter is six months younger than Lucy, and their son is six months younger than Gus. The mom is my running partner and we're all in the same small group at church. Anyway, their daughter who is Lucy's age had a birthday today. We made her cupcakes and cards and had a little playdate. No school today, AGAIN. Teacher workday, I think. We all (me and the kiddos, Dave was at work) went over there for a bit and then Lucy stayed for awhile longer. I love, love, love that we have such great neighbors and that our families get along so incredibly well.

Tomorrow is Dave's birthday, which means the annual making of the carrot cake. In the midst of all the baking today, I decided to reorganize the spice cabinet. And that led to the reorganization of the third pantry, and then the hall closet. It needed to be done, I just didn't know that one would lead to the other, and that it would happen today.

Off to ice the cake for tomorrow!


No comments: