I did my long 14 mile run on Friday morning. I ran for two hours and nineteen minutes straight, without stopping. I have never run that long in my life. Ever. It was a fantastic run, too! I was home and showered by 8am. Talk about a productive morning! We took Lucy to school on Friday, I worked on the furniture a bit more, the boys had lazy days. We went up to get the boys' haircuts around 2. They are such little men when they get their hair cut. They sit perfectly still and soak up every single second of it. Judson only naps two or three days a week now. Which means we don't have rush home from the morning errands so he can eat and then sleep. It also means we can be lazy in the morning and have productive afternoons. I haven't had this kind of freedom since before Lucy was born!
Dave's birthday is coming up so he decided that he wanted to have sushi for Friday Family Fun Fest. We weren't really keen on going full-on nice sushi dinner with the kids. I think that would have been Friday Family Torture Session. We drove down to Apex to a restaurant that used to have sushi. It's a quick place, we knew we could be in and out of there in 30 minutes, max. Apparently they don't have sushi anymore. We drove back to our little neighborhood grocery store and got sushi and pistachio ice cream. The kids think they go together, really. In Cars 2, Mater goes to Japan and thinks the wasabi is pistachio ice cream. The kids all tried a bit of sushi and the teeniest bit of wasabi. They felt so bad for Mater (like he's a real person) that he ate so much wasabi. Lucy liked the tuna rolls. It was a fun night.
On Saturday morning my friend had a handmade market at her house as a fundraiser for her daughters' upcoming trip to Kenya. Her stuff is amazing. Walking in her house felt like I was in the jewelry section of anthro. It was so impressive. Dave took Judson with him and Gus to basketball, so I could take Lucy to the little market before ballet. Some of Lucy's friends (who are a bit older) made scarves for American Girl dolls and had a little booth. I told Lucy she could spend $10. She agonized over what to get and ended up with a purple cross and a scarf for her dolls, both items made by her friends. But, she really, really, really wanted the purse made by their mom and a hair bow. I bought them for her and she has to earn them back with her allowance. Dave and I have become a little store. He got a steal of a deal on three American Girl dolls and accessories. We've been selling them back to Lucy for the price we paid. She loves it! Anyway, sorry for the tangent. We went to ballet and came home and she immediately went to work setting up a store in her room. She moved her little table/nightstand out from the wall, put the chair on the other side of it and priced pretty much everything in her room. Even her American Girl dolls, we could pay to borrow them. And her library books. We could pay to borrow them. And writing samples from school, we could keep those if we chose to purchase them. She even made little signs for her door, with a hole cut out of the top for the door knob. The open one says, "Yay we're open!" She wrote "Yay!" She is my daughter. Sigh. I bought a writing sample. It was only 10 cents, but I gave her 50. She came down with a receipt that said, "Price 10 cents, tip 40 cents. Thank you from Lucy." The purse is $15, and she only made $1.15 this weekend. She only has $6 in savings. I think we're going to be playing store a lot the next few weeks until she earns her money.
We did the usual Sunday things. It was cold today. I made peppermint hot cocoa to warm the kids up. It was Gus' idea. It made sense to me. Dave made homemade potato skins for lunch/dinner/football watching. They were spectacular.
Well, the boys are home from their walk, gotta run.
No comments:
Post a Comment