Dave went back to work full-time on Monday. My mom had the kids Monday morning and my friend Sara came over with her girls in the afternoon to help. It was so great to spend face-to-face time with someone I wasn't related to! Lucy and Gus loved having friends over, too. Sara brought us dinner, which was wonderful.
On Tuesday mom had a dentist appointment and Judson had a Dr's appointment. It was a car day. Thank goodness for the DVD player in the car! Judson is now 7lbs 10oz (10%) and is 21 inches long (45%). He gained 26 oz in 2 weeks! He's on Zantac now to help with all the spit up. Then we went to our Bible Study group in the evening. It was a big day for us.
Lucy's Parent's Tea at school was Wednesday. Lucy knew all the songs and sang them at the top of her lungs. We could definitely hear her! Mom, Dave, Gus, Judson, and I all went, in three separate cars. As we were driving away I thought about how bad that was for the planet. I never think green, it's catching I suppose. At least we were all within our little bubble, we were just coming from different corners of the bubble. Cindy and Hannah came Wednesday afternoon to help. Lucy, Gus, and Hannah play so well together. They're finally at the point where they can be in another room, upstairs even, and play without us in the same room. One of the kids will come and tell us if there's a problem (meaning someone isn't sharing), and then we'll help them work it out. It's so great to finally be able to have grown-up conversations during play dates and not have to mediate all the time. Cindy and Hannah brought dinner, too! I love our friends!
Judson has had a horrible time with gas and acid reflux and hasn't been sleeping much at all. So for the past five days, I've been sleeping in 90 minute increments at night with no naps during the day. It's exhausting, especially when I'm trying to heal, keep up with the laundry, and the house (I can't vacuum, but I can pretty much do everything else). The Zantac finally kicked in last night. I wrapped him up really tight in the halo sleeper (that thing is magic) and put the Boppy in the bassinet and then wedged him in the Boppy to keep his head propped up. That boy did some serious sleeping! He went five hours between feedings and then another four! I got some serious sleep, too! It was AMAZING!
Mom took the kids all day yesterday and today. It's so quiet in our house with just me and Judson. Lucy was never this quiet as a newborn, she really made good use of her lungs at an early age. Gus was super quiet as a newborn, but I had Lucy talking up a storm. I'm savoring the stillness. I've been able to watch grown-up TV (no Noggin or Disney) during the day. Next week is my last week of mandated rest and then the noise and chaos will be in full force!
Friday, May 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment