Monday, May 4, 2009

Life with Judson

We've made the transition from man-to-man defense to zone defense at our house. Dave typically takes care of Lucy and Gus, while I take care of Judson. Anyway, Dave, Lucy, and Gus slept in Sunday morning until 8. Judson and I were already up. We all went downstairs to have breakfast and I looked outside and saw a turtle crawling across our backyard. It looked like the same turtle we've seen the past three summers in our yard. Dave, Lucy, and Gus ran outside in their pajamas to look at the turtle. They ended up playing outside for almost an hour and half. We all got ready for the day and decided to go out. We went to Firebirds for lunch, just the five of us. We had so much fun and no one had a meltdown! It was the first time all of us went out in public together.

The older kids seem to really like having a little brother. Gus is finally getting back to normal. I've been able to cuddle with Gus and hold him a lot more the past few days. He's done really well with Judson, too. Gus has been the one most affected by the new baby. He and I had at least nine hours a week of one-on-one time before Judson was born and now we have none. Lucy is crazy about Judson. She told me yesterday that Judson likes her more than me.

Judson is growing like a weed. His newborn clothes and diapers are finally starting to fit properly. We're thinking he might be 7 lbs. now. His stomach has grown and he can sometimes go four hours between feedings! He had days and nights mixed up until a few days ago. He's starting to get the idea that we sleep at night, not the day. Judson and I are usually up for at least one two-hour (sometimes three-hour) stretch every night.

I'm starting to feel a lot better. My right side still hurts a lot, the Dr. said it probably will for the full six weeks post-op since he had to do so much more sewing and fixing on the right side.

Overall, we're adjusting well to being a family of five. We've closed the baby-having chapter of our lives and now we can just enjoy our sweet little family.


No comments: