Sunday, May 24, 2009

I'm Getting Used to It...

On Friday morning I decided to put Lucy's hair in pig-tails. She looked in the mirror and told me that she did not like them, but she would wear them anyway. Yesterday morning, I put pig-tails in again. She looked in the mirror and said, "I'm getting used to it, I like the pink-tails." That's right, she thinks they're "pink tails."
A couple of weeks ago, Gus tried hanging a spoon from his nose while he was waiting for dinner. We do not hang spoons from our nose, we do other crazy things at dinner, but not that. He came up with that all on his own. I forgot whose turn it was to set the table last night and when I asked who would help me, both kids said, "NOT ME!" That response meant that both kids would help. Gus got out the placemats and Lucy got out the silverware (they decided that on their own). Gus also got his Mickey Mouse spoon and hung it on his nose. He's pretty good at it!

Judson is growing like a weed! He's really starting to fill out and his newborn clothes are getting too small. I'm guessing he's pushing 9 lbs. I think he's starting to look more like Lucy did as a baby. Twice this week people said, "He's really starting to look more like Lucy and Gus"
We're starting to get the hang of this family of five bit. It's not nearly as scary as it was. We're going out and doing stuff like we did before we had Judson. On Saturday, all of us went to the Farmer's Market and Lowe's. We went out again later to Trader Joe's. I had Judson in the Baby Bjorn. Lucy and Gus both pushed their own mini-shopping carts and Dave pushed the big cart. The kids did great! Today we went to church and out to lunch afterwards. Our friends Ryan and Stephanie, who don't have kids, invited us to go out to lunch with them and his parents. They are very brave people, even entertaining the thought of going out to lunch with a couple who has three kids three and under is very kind, but actually going through with it is a different beast. Our kids LOVE Ryan and Stephanie and they dote on our kids, so it worked out well. Lucy and Gus were outnumbered. They were really good, too!
We got summer flowers for the house yesterday. Lucy really wants a cutting garden. That girl is very into fresh flowers and wants to pick all of them. I mentioned in passing that we should plant a cutting garden for her, and she hasn't forgotten, of course. So once we get our flowers in, we'll explore a cutting garden for Lucy. She and I might take a trip to Lowe's tomorrow.

No comments: