
I wish I could bottle up the energy two and three year olds have and sell it. Kind of like the screams and laughs from
Monsters, Inc. Life has been a bit slower than usual around here lately, so we've had to be much more deliberate about giving Lucy and Gus opportunities to use their energy. If they don't spend the energy, then they don't sleep, which means we sleep even less. It's a vicious cycle.

It's been really beautiful here the past few weeks. We're so glad we created a backyard last year and got the playset! The kids are usually pretty exhausted after they've been outside for awhile. Gus is finally starting to stay in the back of the house and not run into the street. He goes down the big slide by himself now. He doesn't land on his feet most of the time, but he's making progress. Last week Gus climbed up the rock wall by himself, too. The kids both love bubbles, and Gus is especially attached to the bubble bottle (notice it in his pocket as he's climbing the rock wall).

Lucy loves coloring with the chalk on the back patio. Her pictures are getting more and more elaborate. Last week she came up to me while we were outside and said, "Don't I look beautiful Mommy?" I looked at her and she had put pink chalk on her cheeks to make it look like she was wearing blush. She's three. I explained that chalk is NOT make up and that she won't wear make up for a good ten years. Then Lucy told me that she was just pretending and was playing fashion model. Again, she's three! Why is she not embracing her childhood? Those little girls at pre-school who have older sisters have tainted our daughter!
No comments:
Post a Comment