The first night with Judson at home was rough. After the second night, I woke up thinking that this whole having three kids thing is actually do-able. Lucy and Gus are adjusting really well. It helps that they really like each other and get along so well. They would be lost without the other one.
We had to take Judson to the Dr. last Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday for weight checks. His weight was 5lbs 7oz, 5lbs 6oz, and then 5lbs 7oz. We didn't have to go back until yesterday and he was up to 5lbs 13oz, just 3 oz shy of his birth weight. We go back again Friday.
Dave gets two weeks paid paternity leave from work and is working half-days for two weeks after that. I'm not supposed to lift Lucy and Gus for six weeks. Between Dave and my mom, the two of them have all but four afternoons covered. Some friends are helping with the those four afternoons. It's so hard for me to be still and wait for my body to heal. At the same time, I don't want to have another surgery that would put me out for another six weeks. Dave is officially amazing. He's doin everything around the house. The house is always picked up, the dishes are always done, the kids are happy. I'm feeling about as good as I did in January, so there's hope. Only about four weeks left until we can go back to our new normal. I can't wait!
Thursday, April 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment