Friday, April 10, 2009

Monday, Monday

The incision/hernia pain has only worsened the past two weeks. At the 34 week appointment the Dr. convinced me to take a low dose narcotic once a day to take the edge off. The first time I took it, it was amazing for two hours (it should have lasted for four). The medicine completely calmed Judson down, which was a nice reprieve, but after it wore off he went nuts, pounded on my scar, and I ended up having a bunch of contractions. I've never had contractions before, so it was a bit scary, especially at 34 1/2 weeks. We went back to the Dr. at 35 weeks, he put me on the monitors, and felt like everything was fine. My contractions weren't productive so encouraged me to take the medicine again, just to take the edge off the pain. I ended up taking it four times total over a week. Every time I took it, I had relief from the pain, but when it wore off I felt like I was in far worse shape than before I took it.

Dave and my mom have been awesome. Lucy is on spring break this week, which makes things a bit trickier for me. The kids play great together, they are just far more active together. My mom took them Tuesday and Wednesday morning and for the majority of the day yesterday. Huge relief! I haven't driven since Monday, I'm very sidetracked by the pain, and question my judgment.

So, yesterday Dave took me to the Dr. for my 36 week appointment. Apparently, my cervix is changing. He thinks that I might go into labor soon, which is everyone's worst fear at this point. We're all worried about my uterus rupturing. He left the room and came back and said, "Well I don't think you're going to have him today, but I need to put you on the monitors to rule that out." We were a bit surprised that he was thinking of taking Judson that early. At this point, Judson seems to be fine, and he's weighing my health versus Judson's. I was on the monitors for awhile yesterday and had a few little contractions, but nothing major. He told me to come in Monday morning and we'll probably have the baby then. He told me not to eat or drink anything past midnight Sunday.

Dave has today off. Thank goodness! His parents are coming up today. The girls are going to tea at the Carolina Inn and the boys are going to the Durham Bulls game tonight (the Bulls are playing the Orioles AAA team). My parents are coming over for brunch on Sunday morning. We decided we're not going to church, the kids classrooms will be germ factories, and the last thing we need is a sick kid with an itty-bitty baby. Everything is mostly ready for Judson. We need to set up the pack-n-play in the family room and wash the Moses basket bedding, but that's it. Our house is pretty together, the laundry is done, and we have food (thank goodness for Harris Teeter online shopping!). We need to make one more trip to Target to get little things and we have to pack, but it's not horribly overwhelming. I think the next three days will pass very quickly!

No comments: