Tuesday, February 12, 2008

William August is One!

The little guy woke up so happy this morning! It was like he knew it was his birthday. Lucy and I sang Happy Birthday to him about a gillion times. He loved it! Who wouldn't? We took Lucy to school and then me and Gus went to get his pictures taken. We've never had his pictures taken professionally. Crazy. Lucy had hers taken on her first birthday, so in all fairness, I figured I should do the same for Chunk (or Chunky, he responds to both). We went to Picture People, walked right in, without an appointment, and they spent 10 minutes taking pictures. Gus did great! He smiled, laughed, and posed. We got Lucy from school and came home for naps. Dave was able to come home for 20 minutes in between work and dinner for work. We gave Gus his present then (a wooden train set). Lucy helped pick it out. After dinner we went back to pick out the pictures. The pictures were amazing. Absolutely amazing. I got all teary-eyed when I saw them. He looks like this little GAP model, wearing his striped shirt, sweater vest, and faded jeans. I don't have electronic copies of the pictures, otherwise I would post them.
I reminisced so much today. It's amazing how quickly this past year has gone by. I can't imagine our lives without Gus. He is such a sweet and funny little boy. He still loves to cuddle and be held, just like when he was a newborn. He has a great sense of humor with his fake sneezes, roars, and elephant sounds. I had only hoped my kids would love each other as much as Gus and Lucy do. God has blessed us so much with our little family.

No comments: