Thursday, February 28, 2008

Pwowy Should Go

Yesterday afternoon I had both kids in their rooms with their doors cracked open just a little, and I was in our room with the door open. Lucy was playing in her room before she took a nap and was asleep. Gus woke up and started crying and I let him be, hoping he would just go back to sleep. All the sudden he stopped crying. And then I heard Lucy whisper, "Gus I pwowy (probably) should go back my womb (room). See you watuh (later) Gus." I came out in the hallway and saw Lucy race back into her room. She had such a guilty/caught look on her face, she knows she's not supposed to leave the room when the door is open for nap time. The night before she got in trouble for not watching out for her brother, so she tried watching out for him, but she broke the rules to do it. It must be so confusing to be two and have to learn all these rules! Anyway, I had to close the door to her room (that's the consequence for leaving when she's not supposed to). I hated to do it, but it's the rule. She understood, she said "I unduhstand you, Mommy."

Lucy loves her suckers and her love for suckers was getting out of hand. So I told her the only way she could have a sucker was to go potty or poopies on the big girl potty. One sucker for potty, two for poopies. She didn't have any suckers yesterday. Lucy woke up in the middle of the night coughing uncontrollably. I finally gave her some medicine and turned the shower on for steam. She said she had to go potty and she did! So at 4 in the morning we came downstairs so she could have her sucker! She loved using toilet paper and flushing (she can't do either unless she actually goes). We'll see if this works, she really loves her diapers (she doesn't have to stop what she's doing and go to the actual bathroom with her diapers).

Tonight we're going out to dinner in Durham, by Duke, with Dave's work stuff. So exciting. Two nice dinners in a week, and we don't have to pay a dime for the food or for babysitting. Love it!

We have two birthday parties this weekend. I don't know if we'll go to either one, it all depends on how the kids are feeling.

No comments: