The last two weeks have been pretty uneventful. We like that. Well, kind of, if only the big event of selling our house would happen. We have had an increase in showings, at least five each of the past two weeks.
Lucy is finally able to sit through more than one book! We've been waiting on this for two and a half years. Gossie has become our new favorite. She practically has it memorized. One line is "Great boots! said Gertie." We can be doing anything, Lucy can be mid-sentence, and I'll say, "Great boots!" and she'll stop everything and say "Said Guhtie!" We've been reading books before she goes to bed and we leave her door open "just a widow (little) bit" so she can keep reading from the light in the hallway.
Gus will not eat baby food from me anymore, he spits it out. He'll eat baby food from Dave and my mom, but not from me. He loves to eat what Lucy and I are eating. He especially likes hamburgers and granola bars. He's really great at opening the cabinet locks and pulling out the outlet covers. I have to watch him like a hawk!
Dave had been working a lot lately and so his boss told him to take me out to a really nice dinner and she would pay for it. I like her! My parents watched the kids and we went to Vivace in Raleigh. It was so fun to get out of my normal mommy attire, especially out of my three mile bubble, and go out to eat The food was phenomenal. Dave and I had a fabulous time.
One of the groups that came to the house this weekend has put us on their shortlist. When the Realtor wrote that on our comments page I felt like I had been given the golden ticket and was being sent to the Hollywood round in American Idol. She said that they want to come back on Sunday, but they have to sell their house before they buy ours. Their house is going on the market next week. We're not interested in contingencies. Hopefully, they HAVE to have our house and will be able to get a bridge loan. Crazier things have happened.
We were all healthy for almost two weeks. On the way to our Bible Study on Monday night Lucy threw up everywhere. We were literally two streets away from our destination and she starts hurling. Lovely. So we borrowed a towel to help clean up Lucy and turned around to come home. Thank goodness Dave was here to help clean it up. I'm so, so, so glad we got the new car seats last summer. The new ones are so easy to take apart and put back together. She had a bit of a fever yesterday. She seems to be feeling better today.
Not much else is happening around here. We have a really clean house. Happy kids. Happy parents. Decent weather. Life is good.
Wednesday, February 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment