Yesterday was a really busy day for us. We played with Hannah and Cindy for a few hours at the new house in the morning. We came home to take naps and then we ran out to do errands in the rain (ick!) for Lucy's party. Then Karen, Jackson, Peej, and baby Cam came over to the new house for dinner and to play. We had so much fun. Lucy and Gus love those boys to pieces. Gus has finally learned how to come down the stairs. He watched baby Cam and now he's figured it out. Trouble. However, if he figures out how to go down the stairs effectively and quickly, I might not have to have baby gates at the new house.
Lucy had her big party at school today. I was in charge of the goodie bags and bringing Valentine's Day books for the party. I love watching Lucy play with her friends at school. So much fun. She loved her Valentine's and all of the suckers (suckers are her new favorite treat-great bribing material). She got some play-doh, too. I let her play with it last night, she made a big colorful pile and said, "Dis is the best sad dude I evuh own" (This is the best sand dune I have ever owned). Again, I'm so glad I watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse to know that she knows what sand dunes are. I would have been lost in translation with that one!
Dave and I didn't make plans for Valentine's Day. We went to the mall with the kids for dinner, had Panera, picked out birthday cards at Hallmark, and finished off the outing with a stop at Haagen Dazs. Everyone was super happy. It turned out to be a pretty great night.
This morning we were playing and Lucy pulled Gus' sleeping bag out of the closet. She laid down on it and said, "Mommy dis sweeping bag meet aww my needs!" (Mommy this sleeping bag meets all of my needs). Hilarious. I think when Ms. Eileen prays at school she thanks God for meeting all of our needs, because Lucy's said that once or twice before in prayers, but never in everyday conversation.
Later Lucy wanted to dance so I put her ballet DVD in. She needed her leotard and ballet slippers on to dance, she insisted. She also thought Gus' bright blue floppy swim hat and big white tutu would complement the ensemble nicely. She looked ridiculous doing bourrees with that crazy hat. When ballet was over, I put the jazz on for her to dance along with. I asked her why she wasn't dancing and she said "Know why Mommy? Because I have baway (ballet) stuff on!" Of course, you can't shake your hips while wearing a leotard, tutu, ballet slippers and bright blue swim hat! What was I thinking!
No comments:
Post a Comment