Our neighbor, Ms. Jeanne, gives us a ton of stuff for our kids that her kids have outgrown. She's amazing. Anyway, a couple of months ago she gave us a huge bag full of fancy-schmancy dress up clothes for Lucy. I stashed the bag away in Lucy's closet thinking we could give it to her in a few months when we really needed something to do. I started cleaning out Lucy's closet and taking stuff to the new house and didn't take the bag of dress up clothes. Last night Lucy found the bag and was ecstatic! Bad for me, great for her.
She couldn't get the clothes on fast enough. In her mind, she thinks she needs to wear all of the clothes at once. I would tell her "You look so beautiful, Lucy!" She responded with "I pwincess, not Wucy. Not beautifuh yet Mommy." Finally, after she had all 14 layers on, she said "I beautifuh pwincess now!" Hilarious.
So this morning she dressed up like a princess again. I tried calling her Lucy again, but she corrected me and said "No. I pwincess, not Wucy. What's yuh (your) name Mommy?" I told her "Queen" (simply because I still need to be in charge). She bought it, hook, line, and sinker. For an hour she called me Queen and she was Princess, Gus was Prince. When I took all the layers of clothes off of her, she said, "I'm Wucy again, Mommy!"
No comments:
Post a Comment