We were so excited to go to Lucy's first Christmas program on Tuesday. I'm sure the excitement will wear off in five years, but now it's thrilling. Lucy's class went first and she was second to come out on stage. She saw us and waved really big and yelled, yes yelled, "How-wo Mommy!" So, so, so cute. Lucy really got into Wheels on the Bus. She was really off during Deep and Wide (she did wide during deep and vice versa), but she got an A for effort. In the middle of the song Kendall scooted over to her spot and Lucy pushed her back and said "No, my spot!" Funny. Kendall moved back to her spot. In the Deep and Wide picture, you'll notice Tommy on her left. That's the boy she SAID she pushed and had to sit in the thinking chair over (she didn't really do it, she just made it up). Maybe she was dreaming of being SuperLucy or something? They closed out their portion of their program with a rousing 2 year-old performance of Jingle Bells. Love it!
Gus did great during the whole thing. He clapped and sang along. Dave was able to come, too. We decided to go to Dairy Queen for lunch. We asked Lucy what she wanted for lunch and she put her pointer finger on her lips (she does that when she thinks) and said "ICE KWEEM!" We agreed. Lucy and I shared a banana split and a kids meal.
At our Bible Study on Tuesday night, Gus took a few steps! Dave held him up and I held out my cell phone and he shuffled to get the phone. So exciting. It will be so fun when our little man starts to walk. I haven't taken any pictures of Gus lately. I hate that. He's been with one of us while we're taking pictures. We'll get some this weekend.
We had our playdate with Hannah and Cindy on Wednesday. It's so nice to have a weekly playdate. We rotate houses and make lunch, it's such a treat.
Lucy had school this morning and the boy and I went to the mall to finish up last minute shopping and birthday gifts. It wasn't that busy at all and we got great deals. Lucy's Minnie Mouse jibbitz lost both of her ears (Mickey's did the same thing). The lady gave me a free replacement. Lucy will be thrilled (I think it might be a stocking stuffer).
Tomorrow I'm going to a movie with Jim and Grandma while mom watches the kids. We're going to see Dave's family this weekend. We'll be home on Christmas Eve for church and then we'll have Christmas dinner here on Tuesday. So exciting. I can't wait for Christmas!
I finally uploaded a picture of Lucy and Santa and put it with the previous post, just keep scrolling to see it!
No comments:
Post a Comment