Monday, December 17, 2007

Carolina Blue

We had a great weekend! On Saturday we worked on the house. We're trying to get little projects done before we put it on the market. It's a lot harder with two little kids to get stuff done. On Sunday we had Robb's (Dave's cousin) graduation and party.

We went to church on Sunday morning. Lucy LOVES going to church these days. She plays hard when we go. After church Lucy and I ran to the store to pick up Robb's cake, while Dave stayed home to make his chili (and to watch Gus). We were lucky enough to get a cart that has a steering wheel, it made Lucy's day. The cake was white with "Cawawhina Bwue," as Lucy would say it! Dave and I went to the UNC graduation ceremony while Lucy and Gus stayed home with Katie, our neighbor/babysitter. After the ceremony, Grandma and Grandpa McKay, Aunt Bonnie and Uncle David, Great Grandma Williams, and "Wobbie" (aka Robb) came over for dinner. Lucy was thrilled! Gus was scared of all the people invading his space (he got over it, it just took awhile). As Robb was coming up the walk, Lucy poked her head out the door and said "Wobbie I got you cake!" She was so excited for him (and for herself, because she knew he would share). The party was great fun.

Grandma and Grandpa McKay stayed the night on Sunday. On Monday we were able to take them to our new house and walk through it again. I don't think I've mentioned our new house, but we're buying one! Yeah! We've had our eyes on it for awhile. It's in the same neighborhood as mom and Jim. In fact, you can see our new house from their guest bedroom window. The house is amazing and I fall more and more in love with it every time we go. The location is great, the layout is great, the yard is perfect. It's newer (only five years old), so not much needs to be done. We'll paint and probably change out some hardware and lighting fixtures, but nothing too major. Anyway, after the house we went to the mall for lunch and a quick visit with Santa. Gus was terrified of Santa! Lucy seemed apprehensive, but she knew that she needed to tell him what she wanted. She rattled off her list and asked for Gus, too. So sweet. The escalators are right by Santa's spot, so Grandpa took Lucy up and down the escalators a few times. She really hated to leave, but luckily Grandma had candy (a wonderful tool for bribery).

Last night Dave had the kids in the van and I took his car to go visit with Grandma Grossman (she's in town for a few weeks). We had a great time together. When I got home Dave said that Lucy threw a huge fit when I left because she missed me. She said, "I miss Mommy! I wuv (love) huh (her) sooo much. Daddy go wuhk (work)." Brilliant! I love that she loves me so much. She hasn't every initiated saying she loves me, so this is a huge milestone (even if she didn't say it directly to me). Plus, she reasoned that if Daddy went to work, I'd come be with her. She's a smart cookie.

No comments: