Last year when we went to EPCOT I almost ate around the world (food from each of the 11 different countries at EPCOT), I didn't prepare for it, so my stomach couldn't hold enough. For the past year and a half I've been fantasizing, literally, about eating around the world. I've been dreaming about the fish and chips in England and the margaritas in Mexico. I was concerned about Canada and Japan because they didn't have quick meal places, the restaurants were dine-in only. We decided to have candy in Canada and Japan, not quite food, but it would suffice. We didn't have big breakfasts, so I thought "this could be the day." Everyone but mom came to EPCOT, which turned out to be a good thing, more people to eat all of the food.
When we got to EPCOT we walked by the character spot and Chip (from Chip and Dale fame) left his spot and came to window to wave at Lucy! He drew a heart around her through the glass and blew her a kiss. Absolutely magical! She was thrilled! We went on the Nemo ride, Lucy was mesmerized. Gus was intrigued, he was trying to figure the whole thing out.
We were starving after the Nemo ride so we decided to begin our journey around the world. We sat down at a lot of the places, so our tour took about three hours. It was all I had dreamed about. The kids were great. At the African Outpost Lucy and Dave got to play the drums with a group of other people. Lucy actually kept the beat for awhile (that ability comes from Dave)!
After Mexico we were able to stand in line to meet Donald Duck. Lucy was thrilled.
Then we went to the character spot and we were able to meet Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Chip and Dale, and Goofy. Lucy hugged and kissed all of the characters, it was spectacular!
We took the kids back and then Dave, Travis and I went back to EPCOT to go on the grown-up rides. So much fun. We didn't have to wait more than 20 minutes for any ride. How great is that!
No comments:
Post a Comment