We got the house together before school for the appraisal. Everyone was on time for school, too. I didn't get the vacuuming done, but figured I could do it before the appraiser arrived. Oh no. The appraiser showed up 20 minutes early. I gave him the list of all the upgrades that we've done to the house since we moved in and all the other upgrades. He was gone by 9:40. I certainly hope the appraisal comes back high, because less than 20 minutes inside a house does not seem sufficient.
I was able to go shopping with a friend for the rest of the morning. Retail therapy with a good friend is always a good thing. On the way back to get the boys the van started acting funny. The pedal and brake sounded like they were grinding without me even pushing on them. I'm driving down the road and the van suddenly brakes (and I'm not braking!) and then speeds up again. Earlier in the week we got a recall notice for the master cylinder seal and I thought I could get to that next week. Apparently not. I picked up the boys and barely made it to my mom's condo. Dave had meetings all day, so my mom said she'd follow me to the dealership. By the time I got to my mom's house, I realized there is no way I wanted to drive the van on the back roads to the dealership, it was not safe. I called AAA and a tow truck was there in 10 minutes, just enough time for me to get the car seats out. We sat in my mom's van watching our van get loaded up and then I tried turning on her van. Nothing. Not even a click. The super duper tow truck driver jumped her van and pointed out that it was time for a new battery. So we went straight to McDonald's to get a quick lunch (without turning the van off) and then to AutoZone. They installed a new battery. We got gas, dropped mom off, and unloaded our groceries from two hours earlier.
It was a gorgeous day out, so the boys and Norm! went straight outside when we got home. Which worked out great because the bug guy had to come deal with the ants. I thought we might have had another mouse, and Dave set out a nice mouse trap full of peanut butter and honey, which attracted oodles and oodles of ants. Turns out our mouse really, really like Rice Krispies and Toasted Almonds.
And by this time we only have 20 minutes to get Lucy. I only switched two of the three car seats because I thought we had a booster seat in the garage. Nope! They were both in Dave's car 25 minutes away. Thank goodness our neighbors had one we could borrow.
We get the girl and come back home. I make dinner, Lucy does homework, and we go get my mom for our weekly dinner. Dave had a dinner for work, so he wasn't home. Then the Dr. calls and says my strep culture came back positive and I should get on medicine tonight. Great. And then the dealership calls, they fixed the recall problem and there's nothing else wrong with the car. I made them drive it again. They wouldn't say my problem was with the recall, they just insisted it was all fine and dandy.
Dave gets home and we switch the car seats, AGAIN. We all go to get my prescription and then we drive to get the van. There was no charge, as it should be. The van drove great, it was totally a recall issue. We got home and I was so completely exhausted. I am so glad I didn't have any plans set in stone for yesterday, they would have all had to be re-arranged.
No comments:
Post a Comment