Last night for dinner we had tilapia, mashed potatoes, and asparagus. I don't think the kids ever remember eating asparagus. I prepped them in the afternoon. I told Gus that if you eat lots of asparagus it usually makes your potty smell funny. He laughed so hard. I'll take any angle I can to get the kids to eat their food, especially if it's a vegetable. Gus had at least seven asparagus spears last night for dinner. I was so impressed.
This morning he was getting ready for school and he yelled from the bathroom, "MOMMY! It worked!" And then all I heard was his belly laugh. I ran to the bathroom and he said, "My potty smells! Isn't that AWESOME?" He saved it for me to smell, I passed, and told him I trusted him. And then after school the same thing happened again. He was so excited. If that's what it takes, I'll do it. I don't think I'll go as far as teaching him that beans are the musical fruit. That would make my environment really smelly. And then all the five year old giggles from the toots. Yikes! We'll stick with asparagus for now.
No comments:
Post a Comment