We are still battling the stomach bug/strep throat bit here. Judson puked in the middle of the night on Friday. It worked out well that Gus' basketball session was over so Dave could stay with the boys while I took Lucy to dance. Judson seemed fine on Saturday and Sunday. Dave volunteered at all three services at church on Sunday and we planned to go as a family to the third service. The rest of my day was packed (lunch with the high school girls, nine mile run, high school dodgeball, and mentoring), so I knew the only time I had to get groceries was Sunday before church. The kids and I made it to Target, our cart was a third of the way full and Lucy looked at me and said, "I'm hiccupping." Then she said, "Mommy, I think I'm going to throw up." If it was six years ago, I would have dropped everything and left the store immediately. But here we are, and times are a changin'. In my head I kept thinking, "This is your only chance to get food. We don't have food. GET THE FOOD." I looked at Lucy and she didn't look too terribly green. Gus got out of the limo cart I was pushing so Lucy could sit down. We went back to the produce area to get two produce bags. I double bagged them and handed them to Lucy and said, "If you puke, puke in here. You're awesome at puking in bags. We'll get out of here as soon as possible, I just need a few more thing." She smiled and held her little bag. I felt awful taking the risk that she might puke all over Target, but we were really, really low on food. We made it home with out any puke! YAY!
I cancelled all of our Monday things on Sunday, not knowing how Lucy would be in the morning. Sure enough, she woke up with a sore throat and felt sick to her stomach. We took Gus to school and then Lucy to the Dr. at 9:45. In the past, I would not have sent a kid to school because a sibling was sick. I'm over that now. Gus got over the bug a week ago, he was fine, he could go. The Dr. thought for sure Lucy had strep even though she didn't have a fever. The rapid test came back negative, but the Dr. gave me a prescription anyway, in case it comes back positive, like mine did. The Dr. said we could send Lucy back to school. In the past I wouldn't have done that, but she really seemed okay and she wanted to go back.
I'm still feeling yucky, probably because I haven't had a chance to rest. Judson and I fell asleep on the couch last night at 8. When I came home from my run this morning Dave and Judson were laying on the couch. Judson had thrown up three times. Sigh. I got everybody ready, and literally, right as we were walking out the door, Judson puked again. I cleaned him up, changed him, and we tried again. I packed a ziploc bag for the van, just in case. It would have been so much easier to keep everyone home. In the back of my mind I still have the nasty letter from the administration in the back of my head haunting me about Lucy's absences in September (when we went to IL and FL). We dropped Lucy off. She felt fine this morning. We dropped Gus off, he felt just fine, too. And on the way home, Judson starting throwing up. Poor, poor kid. He got it all in the bag, though! I was so proud! He threw up a few more times this morning. One of my friends picked Gus up from school when she picked up her son. I've cancelled everything for today and tomorrow. At least it's nice outside so Gus and Lucy can play. I can't wait to resume our regularly scheduled life!
No comments:
Post a Comment