Tuesday, March 13, 2012

We're Winning

I don't know if we really are, but I keep telling myself that. Last week was a rough week. We were relatively healthy on Wednesday, but still under quarantine because of Mt. St. Judson's eruptions on Tuesday. I ran six miles on Thursday morning and got everyone where they needed to be. Our new microwave got delivered in the morning! I was so happy to see that 90 pound cardboard box of goodness! I started to get sick right before I picked up the boys. By about 2:30 I was a mess. Dave came home an hour early and got Lucy at school. I was pretty much out of commission all Thursday night. I got a new prescription for my strep Friday morning, because the first one did not work at all. When I picked up Lucy from school her left eye was pink. I laughed. At this point it's comical how we keep getting sick. The Dr. didn't want her on meds until it got gunky, she told me it should go away.

We laid low on Friday night. We're going on a Disney Cruise for our 10th anniversary in November. Last fall Lucy saw a Disney Cruise hour long show on Netflix and watched it. Then Gus watched it. And then they had Judson watch it. We booked the cruise in November (we had been talking about it for a year and a half before) and the kids might be as excited as we are. We've totally talked it up, too. We spent part of Friday Family Fun Fest finding out about the Fantasy and looking at pictures and all the things to do in the kids clubs. We're getting a week in the Caribbean poolside on a boat with babysitting and Disney characters. We are all stoked!

The weekend was slow. On Saturday Dave made me breakfast in bed. It was glorious! Lucy crawled into bed with me and she got breakfast in bed, too, and we watched the latest House Hunters International together. She was just as excited as I was. I went up to the flea market at church, ran some errands, and then I was exhausted. We put the new microwave in Saturday afternoon! It's gorgeous (just as it should be for the amount we paid for it)! On Sunday Dave had his three service rotation again (we skipped February, so he picked up two in March). I got the laundry done and went to the high school group after dinner. Lucy's eye was all better so she had a play date with a friend from school.

Monday morning was Monday morning. I ran, it hurt. Gus was supposed to have his five year appointment but the Dr. cancelled because he was sick. I went to the Dr. in the afternoon. My rapid strep came back negative and so did the rapid mono! YAY! The Dr. gave me a three day prescription of prednisone. This morning is the first morning in over two weeks my throat is starting to feel better! The marathon on Sunday morning is looking more and more do-able!

When Judson was putting his underpants on this morning, he puked ALL over himself. He puked 10 minutes before we were walking out the door. This whole sick business is getting a little long in the tooth. Sidenote: I picture a human with a walrus tooth every time I hear that phrase. We went to the Dr, she seemed to think he was fine. His rapid strep came back negative. He hasn't gotten sick, since. It's a glorious day outside, so they boys have been playing outside all morning.

The really fantastic thing about being home so much and being sick is that I am finishing all sorts of projects! I frosted the windows in our kitchen so now we can open the shade and not see the color of our neighbor's bath towel. That's not something you want to look at while you're eating oatmeal. I finished a wreath I started in December. I got all of our passport stuff ready to go for me and the kids, which was no small feat. We have an appointment on Friday at a post office 30 minutes away to get our passport papers processed (say that five times fast!). I cleaned out the garage some. I've been organizing and de-cluttering and spray painting. Things are moving and shaking on the home front. Overall, I think we're getting better. Spring is here, the birds are chirping. We're happy. I think we ARE winning!

No comments: