Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Vanilla

Things seem to be really plain and wonderful right now. It's so nice to not have an agenda, but just sit back and enjoy life. Love it!

Gus doesn't say much, but he sure knows how to communicate to get exactly what he wants. Lately, he'll go to the pantry and wait for me to open it. He usually pulls out the goldfish or the nilla wafers and walks them over to his chair. Hilarious. He does the same with juice and milk with the refrigerator. He nods yes and says "yeah." He's also figured out how to hold his pacifier in his hand while he drinks the juice. He puts the pacifier in his mouth like an old man with a pipe. He's an old soul.

Lucy has been doing really well with the potty lately. She went poopies Monday and Tuesday on the toilet! It's almost been a week since she's had a dirty diaper. I got her some wooden eggs for her kitchen yesterday and told her she could have them if she went potty three times on the toilet in one day. By 10:20 this morning she had her eggs. She'll be in the middle of something and yell, "Mommy come quick-a-wee (quickly). I need you put me on the potty!" She's in serious mourning about not wearing a diaper. She is really attached. Crazy! I put a pull-up on her today and she screamed "No puh ups yet Mommy!" One thing at a time, I suppose. She's had five suckers so far today. She even woke up from her nap to go potty. I'm so glad she's finally getting this whole thing.

The weather is finally starting to warm up. Hopefully, we'll get some serious yard work done in the next few days.

No comments: