Tuesday, April 1, 2008

A Bit Tuhkey (turkey)

We've been home a lot lately. We've rearranged all the toys since we moved back into the house. We spread them out more throughout the whole house. It makes each room a destination. The train set, activity table, and kitchen are in the basement. The garden, music things, and craft stuff are on the main level. Lucy's room has all the Dr. stuff, dress up clothes, her table, puzzles, and tent. We move from level to level and we don't feel so cooped up.

Last Thursday Lucy asked me to give her a haircut 27 times. I finally caved around request number 23, but she still persisted to 27. Anyway, she sat through three lollipops worth (she doesn't suck them, she chews them) of cutting and trimming without getting too antsy. At one point she said, "Dis is a bit tuhkey, Mommy." I said "Turkey?" She said "A bit tuhkey." I said, "Oh, you mean tricky." Her response, "Yeah, twicky." We all got a good laugh at that one.

For a few days now Gus has been trying to pick up his music table. To what end, I did not know. I just kept letting him try, mainly because I wanted to see what he would do. This morning he finally was able to flip it over and ride it like a horse! He was thrilled! Lucy jumped on before I could get a picture of just Gus on the "horse."

We're getting new carpet upstairs on Thursday, which means removing everything from the walls, windows, floors, etc. I was cleaning out stuff today and Lucy tried to help by getting her tent out of her room. It didn't quite fit, so she turned it on its side and made it a rocket. She played with it for about an hour.

The kids have yet another cold. Lucy's nose started running on Friday, Gus' on Saturday. We're taking Gus to the Dr. tomorrow morning. He doesn't seem to be getting better.

Lucy is potty-trained! Her pull-ups have been completely dry since last Tuesday. She wakes up in the morning dry, too. When she wants to do something, there's no stopping her!

No comments: