I went to the Dr. on Monday and he said I was doing much better, to keep doing what I'm doing (nothing, literally!). I go back next Monday. All the prayers are working! I'm feeling, much, much better. Finally!
Gus had his six month appointment on Monday afternoon. As soon as we put him on the scale he started screaming. Gus doesn't usually cry, but boy did he wail! He cried the entire time Dr. Coleman checked him out, all through the shots, and most of the way home. I've never heard Gus cry so hard or so long. He had a fever and was pretty uncomfortable the first night after the shots. We gave him Motrin and Tylenol, but he hates it, like spits-it-out in-our-faces hates it!
Gus can sit up by himself now! On Saturday Dave went into his room and Gus was sitting up in his crib. He does the downward-facing dog yoga position (only with his head touching the ground) and pushes back hard with his arms and he pops up! It's quite an acrobatic feat for a six-month old!
Lucy had her two year appointment on Wednesday. She was so excited to go. Six months ago she was terrified of Dr. Coleman. She would literally start to shake when we entered the Dr's office. Lately she's been enamored with the whole concept; if she gets a bruise or her thumb hurts (she has a big callous from sucking her thumb), she wants to go "see Doctoe Coeman make Sucy bettoe." On Monday she watched Gus get his shots and watched him wail. She said "Gus bwave, no." Then she would say "Sucy so bwave" and would flex her muscles. She was incredibly brave (the reward for being brave was Starbucks). She yelped a little when she got her shot, but that was it. As soon as it was done she asked for her sticker and her toy. She wanted a sticker and toy for Gus, too. It was so very sweet.
Lucy has an amazing ability to spot a Starbucks. She even has Starbucks store preferences, like the Starbucks by Maggie Moo's ice cream is her favorite, because sometimes she can go to both. She's not dumb. So we'll be driving along in the car, and Lucy will look out the window and yell "Der it is! Stawbucks! Out!" She hasn't been wrong yet. Sometimes this happens two or three times a day. We don't go most of the time, maybe 10% of the time. Her favorite things are tall vanilla bean creme frappuccinos and black-and-white cookies.
After she was so brave with her shots, I took her to Starbucks. We went in and ordered our Frappuccinos and a cookie. She found a booth and sat down. It was so neat to sit there with her and have conversations. One guy was taking out the garbage and she commented on how Daddy takes out the garbage and Papa takes his turn taking out the garbage. Halfway through our time there, she asked me "Fwatchino good mommy?" It was the first time she asked if I liked what I was having. I said yes and asked if hers was good, too. She responded with "mm, hmm " (her version of uh-huh). Our little girl is growing up so very fast!
Here are the statistics on the kids:
Gus weighs 16lbs. 12.5 oz. (40%) is 26.25 inches long (50%).
Lucy weighs 24 lbs. 4oz. (20%) and is 33.75 inches long (45%). They say if you double the length at their two year appointment that's how tall they'll be, so Lucy will be around 5'7". If that's true, jeans will fit her, no special lengths!