Monday, August 20, 2007

Feeling better

I went to the Dr. this morning and he said I'm doing much better. I don't need to go back for another three weeks. I'm still not picking up the kids until my incision is completely closed, which means more parental supervision for me and the kids. We're so grateful my parents can be here to take care of us. It's almost over, though. Hopefully, by the end of this week I'll be back to normal.
Gus is still doing headstands trying to learn how to crawl. Poor kid. Yesterday he was balancing on his head and one arm (again in the downward facing dog yoga position) trying to get the drawstring from his shorts in his mouth with the other hand. He managed to do it a few times. He was quite the little entertainer.
Lucy has been very funny lately. She picks up EVERYTHING anyone says and repeats it. It's a good thing we keep things pretty clean around here. On Saturday she took a peak at my incision and said "Oh honey, so sowee." It took me aback at first, like why is my daughter calling me honey and then I realized that's what my mom says when she looks at it. We were driving in the car later in the afternoon and she said "Chunky Monkey seeping (sleeping)." I always call Gus my Chunky Monkey, I guess she's calling him that now, too.
Our little life is moving right along. Dave is going to Boston for two days this week. My parents are staying over to help with the kids. We have pre-school orientation next week. Dave also is going back to school to get his MBA and that starts next week. It's a good thing we've had a laid back six weeks, because things are about to get really hectic.