Friday, August 24, 2007

Bonzai San and deedees

There have been a few times this week where I actually got out by myself. It was so fun pretending to be normal and even to be out sans the kiddos! When I came home there was usually some confusion about what Lucy was saying. Mom couldn't understand what Lucy was saying and so she would repeat back what she thought she heard, like "bonzai san," and Lucy would laugh so hard. It was like a really funny game of telephone between the two of them. She loved it that she could say something and Grandma didn't understand. She would guffaw when Grandma would repeat her translation back, because it was so off. When I got home and mom asked about Bonzai San I asked Lucy a few times and heard pasta sauce. As soon as I said it Lucy laughed and said "Mommy did it!" Deedees is string cheese. No wonder she laughed so hard!

Lucy loves playing hide and go seek. We've made some major progress, it almost resembles the actual game! She closes her eyes and counts to five, sometimes six, for good measure. Then she runs around looking for me and I jump out and scare her, she LOVES it. When I close my eyes and count to five she hides (sometimes it's behind the door, other times it's just laying on the bed), she stays still and waits for me to come find her. She used to come running out saying "Heaw I am!"

Nothing new with Gus. He looks like a caterpillar with his crawling. He's eating a lot more baby food. He does NOT like applesauce. He literally shakes, like it gives him the weebeegeebees.

The kids are still getting along with each other really well. Gus is getting into more and more of Lucy's things and she's sharing on her own. We thought it would come to a crashing halt once he started getting more active. They really do love each other!

Dave had a great trip to Boston. It was his first time. He was only there two days, so he didn't get to see too much. Maybe next time.

Fantasy football season is about to start. Yeah! We both love it! I'm not in a league, I just cheer on Dave's teams. Go Cuyahoga Flames! Both of the drafts are this week. That means fall is almost here!