Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Life Outside the Festivities

It's funny how seasonal life is with little kids. Once we get a routine down, it lasts for a few weeks, months, if we're really lucky, and then something changes and so does our routine. I feel like we've gotten in a routine again, thank goodness. I'm savoring it! In 10 weeks it will drastically change again.

Our Life Group (what our church calls a small group) got smaller. We went from six couples to four couples and decided to stay together for another six months. It's been really great for us. It seems so much easier to coordinate schedules with four couples rather than six. We really love the people in our little group.

Baby Judson seems to be doing well. I passed the glucose test last week, my blood pressure, and iron are fine. The c-section got scheduled last week! Hopefully, he'll be born April 27th, a few minutes after 11:30 am. Meanwhile, I'm counting down the days. This pregnancy has by far been the roughest yet. Dave has been awesome! He's been so helpful around the house and with the kids and with me.

Lucy's continuing to amaze us with her little comments and asides. We were eating dinosaur chicken nuggets last week for lunch and she ate the feet off of the dinosaur, looked at Gus, and said, "I have an alligator now! Chomp! Chomp!" When Dave left yesterday morning she stopped him and said, "Don't forget to pick the man to vote for today, Daddy!" Dave looked at her, then at me, and then I remembered telling her that Monday was going to be President's Day. She took it to mean you choose your favorite President to vote for on that particular day. She, of course, could only talk about Barack Obama. We regularly make an effort to tell her about the other 43 Presidents, show her pictures of them, and talk about where they are from. She doesn't have much interest in any President other than the current one.

Gus started sleeping in his big boy bed Friday night. He's doing really well with it. It took him awhile Friday and Saturday night to fall asleep, but the last two nights have gone pretty smoothly. He hasn't gotten up in the middle of the night and needed us, which I thought for sure would happen. He's been really great about not getting into stuff, too. He'll occassionally pull one wipe out if he has a runny nose, but that's it. I'm so glad he's finally adjusted to his big boy bed! What a relief!

Our little life just keeps going. It's amazing how quickly the kids are growing up and the little people they are becoming. Life is good.

No comments: