
Gus is doing great taking naps in his big-boy bed. He loves it so much! We haven't switched the video monitor over from Lucy's room yet, so he's not sleeping in there all night. He still gets a wild hair every once and a while and pulls out all the wipes. He's learning his boundaries, though. We close the doors when our kids sleep, mainly so they don't roam and we don't know it. I especially want to know what Gus is up to behind a closed door, he's the super-sneaky one.

Lucy is still insistent about taking rests, not naps. The past two months have been rough. I was really used to my alone time in the afternoon. I would put Lucy in her room to play, but Gus' room is right next door. He hears everything she does, pops up, puts his hand on his ear, and says, "LaLa?" (how he says Lucy). For awhile, Lucy was having rest time in the basement. But then I was running all the way to the basement to get the TV set up, then upstairs to put Gus to bed, then downstairs to check on Lucy, then back upstairs for my own time. Then Lucy comes upstairs because she inevitably needs something. It's a vicious cycle and by the time it's all over, I've been up and down two flights of stairs 12 times, just during nap time. My ankles are swelling and I'm feeling very pregnant, so what used to be my little reprieve has turned into my little workout.

My mom has taken Lucy for a few afternoons, thank goodness! It gives me a chance to put my feet up and really rest for a bit. Lucy will take naps, but they are so NOT predictable. We find her asleep in random places at random times in the afternoon. There have been at least five days in the past three weeks that she falls asleep right when Gus wakes up. Gus likes to wake Lucy up, and he doesn't realize that she won't be nice to him when he does that. Then we have two cranky kids. Never a good thing. I just keep reminding myself that this is just a season and it will go by very quickly. At the same time, though, I don't want to think too far ahead of how it will be with three kids. That thought alone exhausts me and all I want to do is sleep, right now, because I know we will be so lacking in sleep for so many years. So, I'm taking life one day at a time.
No comments:
Post a Comment