Gus got a cold last week, with an ear infection, and is on medicine. Gus has figured out how to open all the doors in the entire house. We installed a lock on the inside of the pantry to keep him out. He goes in rooms, shuts the door, and hides. When we look for him, he doesn't say a word. Last week I found him in Lucy's closet hidden underneath her costumes. Very reminiscent of ET. I didn't find him until the second pass through all the rooms upstairs. We're trying to teach him to say "here I am" when we call for him. It works about 5% of the time. It's been very hard keeping up with him! He wanders off as soon as I take my eyes off of him. He's very quiet and very sneaky and knows exactly what he shouldn't get into, so he does it when I'm not watching. I can usually contain him to the top two floors
Lucy is turning into such a little lady. On Saturday we went for tea in Wake Forest with our friends Sara and Kate. Lucy got to wear her Belle costume and shoes to tea (she never wears her costumes out of the house or when she eats). She chose a scone with Devonshire cream over a muffin with jam. I love how she says, "Devonshire cream." She also chose pink lemonade over tea. The tea room had hats and beads for people to wear, so Lucy and Kate picked some out to wear during tea. They were so sweet!
Baby Judson is measuring exactly right and his heartbeat sounds great. At the most, he'll be here in 8 weeks. It seems so soon and so far away, all at the same time.
No comments:
Post a Comment