Saturday, November 1, 2008
The House of Blues
We went to the beach this past week. We love going to the House of Blues in Myrtle Beach for their breakfast buffet. It's Monday through Friday for $6.99 and the food is sooooo good and fresh. I'm such a sucker for a good breakfast. We usually go at least once each week we're there. Last January Lucy got up and sang on the little stage. She couldn't wait to do it again this time.
We went on Tuesday and after we ate, she got up on the stage and sang Row, Row, Row Your Boat twice. In between songs she bowed about seven times. The whole place stopped and listened to her. The wait staff even stopped and people clapped. One lady got out her camera and started taking pictures of her. Then Lucy put her hand on her heart and said the Pledge of Allegiance. After she finished the Pledge and bowing a man came up to her and gave her a quarter. She lit up like a light bulb. On the way back to the condo she said, "I got paid!"
We went to the mall for a little bit later that afternoon and she was looking at a toy she really wanted. I said no. She said, "It's fine Mommy. I have money. I can pay for it." I told her she didn't have enough, and she seemed to understand.
We went back for breakfast on Thursday morning and she sang again. Same routine. Everyone stopped and clapped. Gus was so proud of her! He clapped and said, "YAYYYY!" She didn't get paid the second time. Gus got up on stage after she did. He mumbled a few words, bowed, and clapped for himself. Then he got off the stage, content with his little performance. They are a riot!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment