So the trip to Lucyland was actually much better than I thought it would be. By the time I went up to our room she had everything packed and ready to go. She was channeling Bedknobs and Broomsticks (the kids love that movie) and decided to use the bed as the car. She got Gus' toy steering wheel and had seat assignments when we got in the "car." We even all had to click our seat belts. She drove. Gus thought it was hilarious and moved from side to side, like Lucy was some maniac driver. When we finally arrived, she grabbed a few things from the car and told us the agenda. We needed to eat, brush our hair, meet the president, and pick flowers. We sat down on the floor next to the bed and she pulled out three spoons, one for each of us. When we were done eating, Lucy pulled out her brush so we could brush our hair and look nice for the president. The president's name is Seek-key, and is a girl president. She knew immediately when I asked her, there was no hesitation, and the name didn't change once during the whole trip (I asked about 20 time). We went to meet the president and we all shook her imaginary hand. Lucy introduced us. Gus even shook the air. Then we picked flowers in the "garden" she set up beforehand. Gus looked at it and said, "Be-u-fuh," his version of beautiful. Gus kept getting back on the bed and I told her that I needed to go potty. I asked if we could go back to the mainland and she said, "No, we need to go to the Lucy Gardens first. They have potties there." So we all climbed back on the bed, she said, "To the Lucy Gardens!" and started driving. Lucy decided that Gus was president of the Lucy Gardens. We had to run errands this morning, so our trip to Lucyland was cut a bit short (we only played for about 30 minutes). So after the trip Lucy cleaned up all the toys upstairs and downstairs, all by herself. She's growing up way too fast!
Gus has been talking a lot lately. He's able to tell me what he wants verbally, and I can typically understand it! Wah-fuh=Waffle Dink=Drink Jew=Juice Peas=Please Tank You=Thank You The list could go on and on. When he doesn't want to do something, he'll put his hand out and say, "No, no, no!" and furrow his brow. We pulled up to Starbucks and Gus said, "Coffee! Coffee!" We really don't go to Starbucks that much anymore, twice a month, maybe. Lucy and Gus are able to have conversations now. It's so sweet. The past few days Lucy has wanted to turn Gus back into a baby. She tries to feed him toy bottles, hold him like a baby, cuddle with him, and she talks to him like a baby. I told her this morning that Gus doesn't like that, he's a little boy, not a baby anymore. I told her she should ask him if he's a baby or a boy. She did and he said, "BOY!" Lucy immediately respected that and treated him like a little boy. Gus goes right along with Lucy's pretend world. He completely understands that we're pretending and it's not real. I love that the three of us play so well together during the day!
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment