Sunday, October 26, 2008

Lost and Found

Lucy has Bunny Bear, her favorite little comfort toy. She only sucks her thumb when she has Bunny Bear's ear by her nose and her thumb in her mouth. We started out with two that looked exactly the same. They were shower gifts that she fell in love with. I think it's the only duplicate I got, thank goodness for us! Well, I washed one in a load that had some purples about a year ago. She kind of knew there were two before, but then it became very obvious and there was purple Bunny Bear and pink Bunny Bear.

When we went to Dave's parents house we only let her take one Bunny Bear. We remembered her having it in the car on the way home, but not in the house. We didn't notice she was missing for a few days, and then I noticed. Lucy didn't say anything for about five days. She would ask a lot before bed. Bunny Bears don't leave her room, so she only noticed when she would go visit them throughout the day and at bed time. We were able to pacify her for a few days by saying that Bunny Bear went on vacation. We looked everywhere, tore the house apart, thinking that maybe Bunny Bear escaped from her room, meaning Lucy took her on a field trip when we weren't watching. About 10 days in Lucy was talking in her sleep about how much she missed purple Bunny Bear and how she needed to find her. Heart breaking!

We called Dave's parents and they hadn't seen her. We thought maybe we left her there and didn't remember right. They hadn't seen her and thought maybe she hibernated. Lucy didn't agree with that theory. We finally found her later that night, 12 days later. She was on Lucy's trundle, tucked between the comforter and the mattress on the wall side of the bed. When I pulled the trundle out the first time I missed her completely. We looked again and Dave found her! All is right in Lucy's little world again!

No comments: