Sunday, October 26, 2008

The Pumpkin Farm

We're planning on being at the beach next week so we decided to go to the pumpkin farm this past week. We drove about 45 minutes to the other side of Raleigh to this little town that has a great big "Farm." It is the most commercialized, cleanest farm I've ever seen. The walkways are paved in perfect concrete. The animal area didn't even smell like animals. The hay racks were covered and really clean, they must only be used for hay rack rides. Now that we have little kids, I'm totally okay with going to a clean farm. I just hope we're not doing them a disservice. Maybe one day I'll take them back to the farm I grew up on and they can be covered in all sorts of smells and dirt, and see that concrete paths aren't normal. Travis would love that more than the kids I think.

Anyway, we bought a bag of corn to feed the goats and the chickens. The goats would fight with their horns for the food coming down the PVC pipe. We weren't quick enough for Gus, so he would pick up the corn off the ground and try to put it in the pipe himself.

There was a tepee that the kids got to play in and a big fort they could run around. Gus was running the path of the fort and all these kids that had to be at least seven or eight were running around him. It didn't phase him a bit, he just wanted to keep up. There was a giant 80 foot slide the kids went down with Dave. They both LOVED it.

Then we went on the hay rack ride and picked out pumpkins. The ride was actually kind of long and really pretty. Gus was convinced the pumpkins were seats for him. So cute. We could only get three pumpkins, because we couldn't manage four and both kids. Especially Gus, he runs off any chance he gets!

As we were about to leave Lucy heard a song over the loudspeaker that she had to dance along with. So she stopped everything and started dancing. We danced for a few minutes and then went home. It was a great day!

No comments: