Thursday, April 17, 2008

The kids and the yard

Lucy's sense of humor is coming out more and more lately. The other morning on the way to school she said, "Mommy I wost my waff" (I lost my laugh). So I helped her find it by thinking of funny things, like hippos having tea and giraffes doing somersaults. We told Ms. Jen when we got to school that Lucy lost her laugh and needed to find it. Ms. Jen said "What about a hippo in a hula skirt?" Lucy looked at her and said "That not funny." We all laughed while Lucy tried really hard to keep a straight face. In the past week she's referred to me as queen, Mommy, guh (girl), and widow wady (little lady). She'll come up to me and say, "What you think widow wady?" You never know with that Lucy LaRue. She had class pictures this morning and she looked so sweet! I can't wait to see how they turned out!

Gus is talking a lot more. He's trying to say new words all the time. Last night he said "ah-bbie" for Robbie. This morning he said "eee" for eat. I've had a lot of one-on-one time with Gus lately. It's been so much fun. He loves climbing on things and throwing stuff. He's all boy!

Today is the big makeover day for our backyard. We hired someone to do it, boy am I glad we did! The guys have taken out about eight trees so far and brought in two huge dump trucks full of dirt. I am so excited about having a backyard again! When we bought this house we had no idea our backyard had this much potential, it was all overgrown and uneven with a dry creek bed that didn't have direction. It's looking pretty level, cleared, and there is a creek bed further away from the house. We still have plenty of trees on our property, there's just not as much shade. I can't wait to be able to play in the backyard with the kids.

No comments: