Thursday, December 31, 2009

House Updates

The drama has not ended. I so wish it would. I had a girl come watch the kids on Wednesday, the 23rd, a week before we're supposedly scheduled to move, so I could pack. I got a ton done. About 90% of the kitchen is packed. The hard stuff in the house is all packed. We're down to the kids closets, DVDs, and pictures on the wall. And the attic stuff. The attic is packed, we just have to bring it down. So I finish packing the kitchen and I call Dave to see if we have confirmation on what day we're closing so I can confirm movers. He said, "Well, I have bad news." That's NEVER good. It turns out the underwriter, from the SECOND lender, said she could not approve the loan. Really? Ughh. So, our Realtor knows this lender who specializes in loans for people with not so great credit. Our Realtor talked to our buyer's Realtor and they all decided to transfer the loan over to lender #3. By the end of the afternoon, all the documents were transferred over. We were supposed to hear something Monday (the 28th) morning. We had to re-negotiate everything, AGAIN. We're actually getting more money this time around. Not as much as the first, but not as awful as the second. The new lender said the issues the previous two lenders had would not be issues for him. He put together a three and a half inch binder on the buyers and says that he does not see any reason why they will not get approved. Everyone involved, except me, is very confident in this guy's ability to approve these people. I'm very, very apprehensive, just from everything that's happened the past month. The buyer's Realtor is very slow and cannot get any paperwork right the first time. She's too old to even use her cell phone properly, those are words straight out of our Realtor's mouth. It would be really funny, actually, if we weren't in the middle of this whole thing. Meanwhile, the appraisal still wasn't finished, so the appraiser had to come out AGAIN, after she spent an hour and a half at our house three weeks ago, to finish everything up. The appraisal came in fine, and all the paperwork is complete and was supposed to be sent to the underwriter today. Which means we have to wait until at least the fourth to find out anything. I'm trying so hard to be patient. I don't want to unpack anything, because if all this does happen, I'm going to have to get things done in a hurry. I don't want to pack anything else, because if this doesn't happen, I'll have to unpack in a hurry because our house will still be on the market. It still is on the market, and we've had a few random showings. The boxes are hanging out in the dining room and spare bedroom in the basement. Other than that, it looks pretty together. So, we're waiting, and waiting, AND waiting. Sitting and waiting is NOT fun. I'm not good with the in-between and not-knowing. Dave is great at compartmentalizing and living in the moment. At least one of us is!

No comments: