Advertising is a powerful thing. Disney, you know, that wonderful company that manages to get a good portion of our money, is advertising the heck out of The Princess and the Frog. And wouldn't ya know, they are very good at it. You see, we give them so much of our money that pays for great advertising that they manage to get even more of our money. It's a vicious, vicious cycle. Anyway, Lucy was dying to see the new moving. In fact, she said, "Mommy, I'm just DYING to see The Princess and the Frog." Last Tuesday, I started giving her one clue a day, telling her that she and I were going to do something special together. The first clue was "We're going to watch something." The second was, "It takes place in Louisiana." The third clue was, "They have candy there." The final clue was, "There is stadium seating." She laughed hard at the last clue and told me I was just being funny and not giving clues. When she found out we were going to see the movie, she exploded with excitement. I love when she explodes with excitement!
When we pulled up to the movie theater she saw all the posters for all the other movies playing. She asked, "Mommy, are we going to see The Princess and the Frog first and then all the movies after that? Which one is next?" She loves adventures, especially never-ending ones! I explained that we were just going to see one movie, that's it. There are other movies playing, but we're only paying to see one. Plus, there just isn't enough hours in a day to see all 16 movies. We bought the tickets and got popcorn. We both got the kiddie combos that come with a drink, popcorn, and fruit snacks. Lucy got pink popcorn (cherry flavored) and Sprite. I love watching how she carries herself in public situations. She tries so hard to act grown-up, she's just so sweet. We sat down in the theater about 15 minutes before the movie started and we were the only ones there. She was shocked, because wasn't everyone coming to see the movie at this theater? I had to explain there are oodles and oodles of movie theaters and everyone who wanted to see it could get there chance. I offered her my fruit snacks, and she responded with, "I would love them if you are not going to eat them." It's amazing I haven't eaten her yet. Lucy loved the movie. After the show, we went to Panera and split a turkey sandwich. Such a delightful time. I really miss Lucy. I feel like I have to spend so much time with the boys, and Lucy is so self-sufficient, that I don't get nearly enough time with her.
On Saturday afternoon we had a friend from church come and watch the kids while Dave and I went out on a date. We so needed it! It was such a wonderful time. Just eating a meal and not being interrupted 50 times was blissful.While we were out our Realtor called and said that another couple was interested in our house. It sounds like they have buyers for their house, they found another house and that fell through (the opposite problem of us) and need to close on December 30th. They scheduled a time to come Sunday morning. So we spent Saturday night getting ready for Sunday's showing. Gus, of course, pooped on the carpet on Saturday night. On Sunday morning Judson had puke-smelling spit-up all in his crib. The pleasant-smell-maintenance of our house is a BIG job. On Sunday we were all ready to go and Dave was getting the kids in the van and the van would not start. It was pouring down rain, we don't have a garage, and the van would not start. We had 22 minutes before the showing. We moved all three car seats (barely) and the kids into Dave's Altima and left the neighborhood with two minutes to spare. We called the towing company (good thing we got that warranty when we bought our van) and scheduled for our van to be towed after the showing. Then we switched cars/vans with my mom.
We had a wonderful, lazy afternoon at home. Lucy and Dave made reindeer cookies. They went to the store, got the ingredients, and baked them. Gus and I watched A Bug's Life and napped while Judson slept in his crib. We all got to decorate the cookies together, such a precious time.The people who came on Sunday seemed to like the house, they haven't ruled it out yet. The original buyer's Realtor finally called our Realtor back this morning (after 3 days and at least 6 unreturned calls and emails!) and said that the underwriter is still working with them and her mom will co-sign the loan with her. It could all still happen and we could be moving in 15 days. It's a hurry-up and wait game. I'm not so good at those.
The van got a brand new battery with a 100 month warranty. Yee-haw! I spent three hours in cars this morning with Gus and Judson, getting everyone where they needed to be, and getting all the cars, vans, and car seats back to their homes.
It was nice to have a restful weekend, especially if we're going to be moving in 15 days and all I've packed is the china cabinet!
No comments:
Post a Comment